CCEA Social Justice Suggestions for Educator Involvement
We support our students.
- Email CCEA SJC (Social Justice Caucus) through our website to receive a button
Student letters to elected and CCSD Superintendent
Student-led sit-in in quad or other safe areas
Student-led moment of silence on playground
Student-led reading of the 17 names
Student-led activity like making a 17 with people and taking a photo
Student-led creative activity support the movement
Student-led voter registration
Educators advising student lead “March Groups” so that students can create safe protests or work with school administration
Student Leadership is currently activating at: Arbor View, Green Valley, College of Southern Nevada, Silverado, Desert Oasis, Palo Verde, Coronado, Clark, Green Valley, Sierra Vista, WCTA, and Spring Valley
- Thursday, March 1st – ACLU Know Your Rights - Training for Students 8 pm (webinar)
- Sunday, March 4th – March for Our Lives Student Planning Meeting – Details on Facebook Page - @march4ourlivelv Contact: email@example.com
- Wednesday, March 14th – UNLV Walk Out 10 am for 17 minutes
- Sunday, March 19th – ACLU Know Your Rights - Training for Students (webinar)
- Saturday, March 24th – Las Vegas Student March – Details to TBD (tentative to 9 am march from downtown to the federal building event)
- Friday, April 20th – CCSD Student Walk Out 10 am for 17 minutes
- CCEA supports the Gender Diversity Policy proposed by the Gender Diverse Working Group.
- CCEA supports efforts to fully staff CCSD police force which currently has 20 open positions. Rationale: Educators would like security to be provided by professionally trained and full-time authorities.
- CCEA, as an organization and strong voice in public education, should be involved in on-going conversations aimed at advancing and supporting students’ first amendment rights.
- CCEA should participate in on-going conversations aimed at protecting educators who, in their role, support students’ first amendment rights.